Renaissance goes retro for British Food Fortnight
4 July, 2012
The Renaissance pub group will mark this summer’s British Food Fortnight with a new retro-focused bar menu including classic dishes from around the home nations.
The menu additions will include cheese on toast with a choice of cheeses from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, and varieties of sausage rolls and burgers, each made with different meat from the four countries. There will also be fish platters showcasing the countries’ best seafood, and pub classics like Scotch eggs, pork scratchings and pickled eggs, the last of which will be given away free with every pint of ale purchased.
Renaissance runs six pubs in south London including the Avalon, pictured, and has been among the front runners in the resurgence of pubs in the capital over the last few years. British Food Fortnight will run this summer from 27 July to 12 August with the slogan ‘Love British Food’; for more details about it, click here.
- Starbucks counts the calories
- Pizza Hut fires up flatbreads in States
- Sector in the clear on horsemeat
- Pizza Express gets PM approval
- Harrogate turns down Carluccio’s
- Wetherspoon claims high Scores on the Doors
- Ceviche publishes, tours
- Action Against Hunger’s Critics night pulls in £40,000
- YO! Sushi flies with drone of its own