Nando’s goes live with GigNics
11 June, 2012
Nando’s staged the first of its three summer festival-style GigNics events on Saturday (9 June) with an event in London’s Haggerston Park.
The open-air events see musicians perform while customers eat from Nando’s concessions on site. The name is an amalgamation of Gig and Picnic. Tickets for the events have been given away by Nando’s via its Facebook and Twitter feeds and email databases, as well as through promotional partners. Performers at the London event included Rizzle Kicks and Ed Sheeran, with staff coming together to cater the day (pictured).
Nando’s launched the events last year with an event in Soho Square, but the second edition of GigNics are much bigger. Nando’s head of PR Keri Perkins said: “We wanted to say thank you to our fans in a way that was a bit more meaningful and embodied the Nando’s spirit.”
The other two GigNics events are in Leeds’ Roundhay Park on Saturday (16 June) and on Glasgow Green a week later (23 June).
- Prezzo takes ordering online
- Stockport ponders F&B plans
- Spirit's key brands seek 20 more sites
- ‘Reverse-microwave’ the latest cool gadget
- Fishworks on a charity Mission
- La Tasca is Durham’s favourite
- Heathrow gives restaurants health kick
- Benito’s Hat to hit double figures next year
- Inventive fires Revolution, promotes three