Little Chef’s Charlie takes on Twitter
13 February, 2013
Little Chef has launched a new Twitter feed featuring its Charlie character. His modern move into Twitter is part of Little Chef’s efforts to appeal to a wider audience on social media.
The mascot has been a public-facing logo of the company since it launched in 1958—though it has slimmed down lately to appeal to a more health-conscious market. The new feed @LC_Charlie was launched on Monday (11 February) and will be used to communicate news and special offers as well as facts about the Little Chef business.
However, as Peach BrandTrack research shows, of the top 55 eating out brands in the UK, it has one the lowest percentage of customers who regularly use social media, with only 54% using Twitter or Facebook on a daily basis, compared with the 77% of customers of Las Iguanas, the brand with the most social media literate customer base.
- Better down the pub, says industry
- Sky pubs to promote unit awareness
- Barclaycard launches ‘sat nav’ for deals
- Tourism targets 40m a year
- Get social, get mobile, get local
- Red Hot has its cake and tries to eat it
- Greggs to get Sky Pie doc
- France launches quality label
- Strada boxes up new lunch offer