Little Chef starts treasure hunt
13 August, 2012
Little Chef has launched a summer treasure hunt to encourage families to seek out its mascot characters and promote return visits.
The initiative will see customers given treasure hunt packs and a badge with the name of one of six cousins of Charlie, the company’s longstanding chief mascot. Every time they visit another restaurant they will pick up another name and badge pack.
When they have at least three different names, customers can fill out a postcard that will enter them into a prize draw for rewards including a family holiday to Disneyland in Paris. Family meals at Little Chef and iPads will also be on offer. The competition runs until the end of August.
Little Chef hopes the promo will encourage frequent visits to its roadside restaurants during family holidays and days out over the next few weeks, citing research that suggests 62% of its customers visit while going to or from a holiday. It is also promoting its mascot badges as keepsakes for children.
- Better down the pub, says industry
- Sky pubs to promote unit awareness
- Barclaycard launches ‘sat nav’ for deals
- Tourism targets 40m a year
- Get social, get mobile, get local
- Red Hot has its cake and tries to eat it
- Greggs to get Sky Pie doc
- France launches quality label
- Strada boxes up new lunch offer