Ivell takes over as interim chair at M&B
14 July, 2011
Experienced pub and restaurant executive Bob Ivell has been appointed as interim chairman at Mitchells & Butlers, the company announced this morning. It follows the decision of Simon Burke to step down as non-executive chairman and as a director of the group.
At the same time Michael Balfour has also decided to step down as a non-executive director.
Ron Robson has been appointed to the role of non-executive Deputy Chairman. Robson is a shareholder representative of Piedmont Inc. and has been a non-executive Director on the Board since January 2010.
Ivell, who joined the M&B board only in May, is a former boss of Scottish & Newcastle Retail and is chairman of the David Lloyd leisure business and has extensive board experience in food and beverage companies with a particular focus on food-led, managed restaurants and pubs.
"That hands-on experience and his renowned people skills can play a vital role in bridging the gap that appears to have grown in recent times between the executive team and investors on the board," commented Peach founder Peter Martin.
Mitchells & Butlers will release its Interim Management Statement as scheduled on 21 July 2011.
- New openings: Big Easy, Hawksmoor, Blanc, Singha, Jackson + Rye, Glendola
- Peter Martin's Top 10 Winning Trends
- Youth market experts join CGA Peach’s marketing conference line-up
- New openings: Cote, Honest Burgers, Hawksmoor, Meat Liquor, Jamie’s, Giraffe, Bunnychow, GBK, Stonegate
- Business leaders increasingly confident about market prospects
- Jim Sullivan Masterclass 2014 - packages announced
- NEW Peach Report magazine out now
- New openings: Coal, Giraffe, Franco Manca, Five Guys, Pizza Luxe, Ask Italian
- Austin, Wallis join CGA Peach’s marketing conference