Ivell takes over as interim chair at M&B
14 July, 2011
Experienced pub and restaurant executive Bob Ivell has been appointed as interim chairman at Mitchells & Butlers, the company announced this morning. It follows the decision of Simon Burke to step down as non-executive chairman and as a director of the group.
At the same time Michael Balfour has also decided to step down as a non-executive director.
Ron Robson has been appointed to the role of non-executive Deputy Chairman. Robson is a shareholder representative of Piedmont Inc. and has been a non-executive Director on the Board since January 2010.
Ivell, who joined the M&B board only in May, is a former boss of Scottish & Newcastle Retail and is chairman of the David Lloyd leisure business and has extensive board experience in food and beverage companies with a particular focus on food-led, managed restaurants and pubs.
"That hands-on experience and his renowned people skills can play a vital role in bridging the gap that appears to have grown in recent times between the executive team and investors on the board," commented Peach founder Peter Martin.
Mitchells & Butlers will release its Interim Management Statement as scheduled on 21 July 2011.
- New openings: Whiteley, Coast to Coast, Poundcafe, Revere, Loungers
- Culture the key advantage, Jim Sullivan tells London audience
- Bacon and Neill line up for Future of Finance debate
- Marston's continues with new builds as like-for-likes rise 6%
- New openings: Jamie opens diner, Shake Shack sets date
- Restaurant Group plans 30 plus new sites, as like-for-likes grow 4.5%
- Sales recover in April after big freeze, with London to fore
- Auction Against Hunger raises £100,000
- New openings: More for D&M, TGIF, Harvester, Ed's