Ivell takes over as interim chair at M&B
14 July, 2011
Experienced pub and restaurant executive Bob Ivell has been appointed as interim chairman at Mitchells & Butlers, the company announced this morning. It follows the decision of Simon Burke to step down as non-executive chairman and as a director of the group.
At the same time Michael Balfour has also decided to step down as a non-executive director.
Ron Robson has been appointed to the role of non-executive Deputy Chairman. Robson is a shareholder representative of Piedmont Inc. and has been a non-executive Director on the Board since January 2010.
Ivell, who joined the M&B board only in May, is a former boss of Scottish & Newcastle Retail and is chairman of the David Lloyd leisure business and has extensive board experience in food and beverage companies with a particular focus on food-led, managed restaurants and pubs.
"That hands-on experience and his renowned people skills can play a vital role in bridging the gap that appears to have grown in recent times between the executive team and investors on the board," commented Peach founder Peter Martin.
Mitchells & Butlers will release its Interim Management Statement as scheduled on 21 July 2011.
- New openings: Bunnychow, Ed’s Easy Diner, Luminar, Little Gems Country Dining, Restaurant Group, Five Guys, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), Foundation Inns, Chilango, St Austell Brewery, Fuller, Smith & Turner, Das Kino
- Metcalfe and Miers set for CGA Peach 2020
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW
- New openings: Red Lion, Bird and Beast, Marston's, Wetherspoon, Young’s, Ethos, Spiaggia, Eclectic, Alchemist
- Groups see like-for-like sales grow 2.2% in July
- New openings: Tortilla, Eclectic, John Lewis, Bill’s, San Carlo, Ego, Nando’s, Wahaca
- New openings: Five Guys, Café Rouge, Glendola, Cote, Wildwood, Loungers, Friday’s, Bill’s
- New openings: Ed's, CAU, Itsu, Friday's, Ramsden's, Banana Tree, Taco Bell, Bill's, Jamie's
- Cities driving eating and drinking-out growth