New openings: Giraffe joins café society
13 July, 2011
Giraffe is to open the first branch in a new format—Giraffe Café. The Café will launch on the site of the original Giraffe in London’s Hampstead shortly, There are also openings for Brunning & Price, Loungers, Wetherspoons and D&D.
Giraffe’s new format comes hot on the heels of its new Bar & Grill concept in Soho. The second brand extension is aimed at turning Giraffe’s neighbourhood restaurants into more of an all-day offering. The Giraffe Café template has been designed by Giraffe founder Russel Joffe with Claire Nelson of Nelson Design, and will feature natural materials and a colour palette of yellows and copper, in contrast to Giraffe’s trademark orange.
There will be an all day menu from 7.30am to 10.30pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 10.30pm at weekends. Launch deals include the Giraffe Café Feel Good Evening Menu, offering a starter and main course for £9.95.
- New openings: Tossed, Dunkin Donuts, Wetherspoons, Giraffe, Itsu, Abokado, Prezzo, Carluccio’s
- Jim Sullivan - back in London next May
- New openings: Benugo, Benito’s Hat, Franco Manca, Cleaver, BrewDog, Ed’s
- New openings: Bill’s, Young’s, Wetherspoon, Giraffe, Walkabout, Cosmo, Fuller’s, Leon
- Bacon and Forrester take Icon accolades at Peach Awards
- Luke Johnson wins Peach Special Award
- Respect the people - Peach 2020
- New openings: Sticks n Sushi, Slug & Lettuce, Brunning & Price, Rex, Nando’s, Wagamama
- Trust me, I'm a brand