New openings: Relish and Orchard launch new brands
8 June, 2011
Relish Restaurants has opened two venues under a new French Kitchen all-day bistro format, and hopes to extend the brand across the capital. Meanwhile, Orchid Group has opened the first venue of its new ‘Pizza Pub’ concept.
Relish's two new restaurants are in Holborn and Chiswick, and both succeed Villandry Kitchens on their spots. A third French Kitchen will follow in Covent Garden later this year, and Relish is looking for more suitable sites. As well as full service, the French Kitchen concept offers food stores and hampers.
The Orchid Group has opened the first venue in its new ‘Pizza Pub’ concept. The George in Harpenden has had a £80,000 refurb into the Pizza Kitchen and Bars format, focusing on upmarket pizzas in a smart pub environment.
- New openings: Le Bistrot Pierre, Porkys, River Cottage, Wagamama, Missoula, Turtle Bay, Loungers, Jamies and more
- Further growth prompts restructure at CGA
- McHattie moves on from ALMR top job, Nicholls new CEO
- New openings: Sports Bar & Grill, Wahaca, Las Iguanas, Nandos, Alchemist, Bills, Tortilla, Five Guys
- Linking guest and staff feedback a major opportunity for operators
- New openings: Bunnychow, Ed’s Easy Diner, Luminar, Little Gems Country Dining, Restaurant Group, Five Guys, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), Foundation Inns, Chilango, St Austell Brewery, Fuller, Smith & Turner, Das Kino
- Metcalfe and Miers set for CGA Peach 2020
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW
- Cities driving eating and drinking-out growth