New openings: Giraffe grows up with Soho Bar & Grill
2 June, 2011
Giraffe will launch its new Bar & Grill format on Frith Street in Soho next Saturday (11 June). A host of other restaurant and pub operators including YO! Sushi, Wagamama, Capital, Young’s, Jamie’s Italian and Le Bistrot Pierre are among others announcing new opening plans this week.
Giraffe's new-look, ‘grown-up’ restaurant will have an expanded and more upmarket menu than its conventional sites, and is the first in the chain to have a Robata grill, turning out dishes including Adobo marinated steak and West Devon lamb rump. There is also a tapas-style menu with skewers and an expanded wine list with more than 36 bins by the glass.
More conventional Giraffe elements including its Bar Buddies and Feel Good offers will remain. The two-floor Giraffe Bar & Grill will also have a late opening—to midnight on Thursdays and Fridays, and 1am on Saturdays, with live music. A private room called The Red Room will cater for parties, with room for 80 guests seated or 100 standing up
- Jim Sullivan - back in London next May
- New openings: Bill’s, Young’s, Wetherspoon, Giraffe, Walkabout, Cosmo, Fuller’s, Leon
- Bacon and Forrester take Icon accolades at Peach Awards
- Luke Johnson wins Peach Special Award
- Respect the people - Peach 2020
- New openings: Sticks n Sushi, Slug & Lettuce, Brunning & Price, Rex, Nando’s, Wagamama
- Trust me, I'm a brand
- Help the Philippines via Action Against Hunger
- New openings: Wagamama, YO! Sushi, Be At One, Burger & Lobster, Tom's Kitchen