YO! grabs top web awards
11 May, 2010
YO! Sushi has taken two awards at this year's Webby's, a leading international web competition. The sushi chain took two prizes in the restaurant category, the main Webby award and the People's Voice award, voted for by the public. It was up against competition from Canada, Belgium and the UK's Giraffe.
The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, say the organisers. Established in 1996 during the Web's infancy, the Webbys are presented by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, which includes an Executive 750-member body of leading Web experts, business figures, luminaries, visionaries and creative celebrities, and Associate Members who are former Webby Award Winners and Nominees and other Internet professionals.
- Formality thrown out the window
- The need for speed
- Weather helps boost September like-for-likes 2.2%
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW
- New openings: Wahaca, Café Pistou, Gusto, Ego, GBK, Five Guys, Friday’s, Rosa’s, Rib Shack and more
- Carluccio's 'undercover boss' Kossoff joins Peach 2020 conference line-up
- Cities driving eating and drinking-out growth
- Linking guest and staff feedback a major opportunity for operators
- New openings: Pho, FED, Cote, New Moon, Five Guys, Brgr.co, Be At One, Geronimo, Bill’s and more