Pizza Express signs up top chef Francesco Mazzei
7 February, 2010
Pizza Express has secured the services of Francesco Mazzei, chef-patron of the acclaimed L'Anima restaurant in London, to be the chain’s latest guest chef. His influence is already being felt with a new selection of pizzas, pasta and starters bearing his imprint appearing on the menu.
The tie-up has also been linked into PR activity for the brand. While the likes of the Guardian covered the press launch at Pizza Express’s Greek Street branch in Soho, the chain has also put together a consumer offer in the Sunday Times, including free recipes from Mazzei and a 2-for-1 offer.
- New openings round-up
- Tim Martin and Andy Bassadone become CGA Peach Icons
- Julian Metcalfe: ‘I learned the hard way’—CGA Peach 2020
- CGA Peach salutes industry Heroes
- Sustainable Restaurant Association gets CGA Peach Special Award
- Property taxing growing brands—CGA Peach 2020
- Entrepreneurs the lifeblood—CGA Peach 2020
- ‘Complacency is our biggest enemy’—CGA Peach 2020
- Tech transforms, but people are paramount—CGA Peach 2020