Pizza Express signs up top chef Francesco Mazzei
7 February, 2010
Pizza Express has secured the services of Francesco Mazzei, chef-patron of the acclaimed L'Anima restaurant in London, to be the chain’s latest guest chef. His influence is already being felt with a new selection of pizzas, pasta and starters bearing his imprint appearing on the menu.
The tie-up has also been linked into PR activity for the brand. While the likes of the Guardian covered the press launch at Pizza Express’s Greek Street branch in Soho, the chain has also put together a consumer offer in the Sunday Times, including free recipes from Mazzei and a 2-for-1 offer.
- Colder August fails to chill eating and drinking-out growth
- New openings: Le Bistrot Pierre, Porkys, River Cottage, Wagamama, Missoula, Turtle Bay, Loungers, Jamies and more
- Further growth prompts restructure at CGA
- McHattie moves on from ALMR top job, Nicholls new CEO
- New openings: Sports Bar & Grill, Wahaca, Las Iguanas, Nandos, Alchemist, Bills, Tortilla, Five Guys
- Linking guest and staff feedback a major opportunity for operators
- New openings: Bunnychow, Ed’s Easy Diner, Luminar, Little Gems Country Dining, Restaurant Group, Five Guys, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), Foundation Inns, Chilango, St Austell Brewery, Fuller, Smith & Turner, Das Kino
- Metcalfe and Miers set for CGA Peach 2020
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW