New openings: TGI, JDW , Nando's plot more
6 February, 2013
TGI Friday’s is opening six more restaurants in 2013. There's roll-out news too from Wetherspoons, Nando's and the new Chotto Matte concept.
As Peach Report reported earlier in the week, the TGI Friday’s openings will include a site at Leeds’ new Trinity retail development, with a launch at Glasgow Fort slated for August and four more unspecified openings to follow over the course of the year.
J D Wetherspoon is continuing its strategy of targeting smaller towns with an opening in Crook in County Durham, which has around 9,000 residents. The Ye Olde Horse Shoe Inn opens next Monday (11 February). It has also completed on a site in Bideford in Devon.
Nando’s has opened in Teddington near Twickenham. A launch event last week was attended by several England rugby players.
David Beckham and Gordon Ramsay have unveiled details of their much-anticipated joint foray into restaurants. Their Union Street Café concept will open near Borough Market in September.
Kurt Zdesar, founder of the dim sum chain Ping Pong, will open a new Japanese-Peruvian concept on Frith Street in Soho in September. The Chotto Matte will pick up on two substantial recent cuisine trends in the capital.
- New openings: Whiteley, Coast to Coast, Poundcafe, Revere, Loungers
- Culture the key advantage, Jim Sullivan tells London audience
- Bacon and Neill line up for Future of Finance debate
- Marston's continues with new builds as like-for-likes rise 6%
- New openings: Jamie opens diner, Shake Shack sets date
- Restaurant Group plans 30 plus new sites, as like-for-likes grow 4.5%
- Sales recover in April after big freeze, with London to fore
- Auction Against Hunger raises £100,000
- New openings: More for D&M, TGIF, Harvester, Ed's