New openings: Giraffe sticks neck out beyond UK; new-look Pret
23 May, 2012
Giraffe is to open its first non-UK store after signing a franchise deal to open in the UAE and Middle East. Pret a Manger, YO! Sushi and Jamie's Italian are among the other operators with opening plans this week.
Giraffe’s agreement with Emirates Leisure Retail follows a five-year search for a partner in the region. Co-founder Russel Joffe said: “We are delighted to announce the international expansion of Giraffe and our first launch outside of the UK. We have been searching for the right partner for about five years and chosen carefully to find the right fit for us. We see it as a natural step forward for the business as we look to grow our international presence for the first time.”
Pret a Manger has set a course for the future with a new opening on Hanover Square in London with much more seating than previous launches (pictured). It has also opened over the last couple of months at King’s Cross, Covent Garden and St John Street in London, and a second branch in Aberdeen.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- Bacon and Neill line up for Future of Finance debate
- Marston's continues with new builds as like-for-likes rise 6%
- New openings: Jamie opens diner, Shake Shack sets date
- Restaurant Group plans 30 plus new sites, as like-for-likes grow 4.5%
- Sales recover in April after big freeze, with London to fore
- Auction Against Hunger raises £100,000
- New openings: More for D&M, TGIF, Harvester, Ed's
- Clive Watson signs up for Future of Finance panel
- Wetherspoon sees like-for-likes rise 6.3%