New openings: More pubs for Moonshine, Young’s and Craft Beer Co
2 May, 2012
Young’s has unveiled a major refurbishment of The Shaftesbury on Kew Road in Richmond, previously the Shaftesbury Arms, as part of a continuing upgrading of its London pubs. Craft Beer Co, Loungers, Moonshine and Livelyhood are among others with openings news this week.
A new classic design to the interior of The Shaftesbury has been backed by a revamped garden area and new menu with a focus on seasonal British food. Young’s will refurbish more of its pubs over the year.
The Moonshine Bars group has acquired the Rose pub in Fulham from Hugh Corbett, Slug & Lettuce founder and owner of Larrik Inns, in a deal brokered by Davis Coffer Lyons. Moonshine, which is run by former Puzzle Pub Company owners Tom and Robbie Gill, will refurbish and open later this year. It wants to open more bar and restaurant units in the capital.
The Craft Beer Co is to open its second outlet in Brighton. The real ale focused concept (pictured), which launched to acclaim in Clerkenwell last summer, has taken on The Florist pub on the town’s Upper North Street. A third Craft Beer Co site is expected to follow soon.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- Pub and restaurant groups enjoy March sales surge
- Jim Sullivan Masterclass 2014 – only 20 places left!
- CGA Peach 2020 Conference 2014 - save the date
- New openings: All Bar One, Nando’s, Patisserie Valerie, Turtle Bay, Goodman, Benito’s Hat, Pho
- New openings: Coffee Dogs, Cabana, Byron, Giraffe, Brasserie Blanc, Patisserie Valerie, Pitcher & Piano
- New openings: Tossed, Le Comptoir, Barburrito, Handmade, Oakman, Slug, Turtle Bay, Loungers
- Future of Finance & Development seminar date
- New openings: Cabana, Tossed, Carclucio's, Ramsden’s, Five Guys, YO!, Patty & Bun, Corney & Barrow.
- Highly social and mobile - CGA Peach Conference