New openings: Denmark’s Noma to hit London; seven up for Pho
25 April, 2012
Noma, the Copenhagen restaurant that frequently appears at the top of the world’s best restaurant lists, is to set up a temporary home in London for this summer’s Olympic Games. Meanwhile, Pho has found its seventh London site.
Noma will operate from Claridge’s Hotel for ten days, from 28 July to 6 August. It will offer a five-course ‘Taste of Noma at Claridge’s’ menu for £195 per person—though the price tag is unlikely to stem what will no doubt be a flood of interest in the venue. The temporary restaurant coincides with a closure of the original Noma for refurbishment. The move continues the trend of big-name pop-up restaurants in the capital.
Vietnamese chain Pho will open its seventh restaurant after picking up a site in Spitalfields in east London. It will take over the former S&M Café there. It joins Pho branches in Clerkenwell, Soho, Oxford Circus and Westfield centres in east and west London as well as Brighton.
- Weather helps boost September like-for-likes 2.2%
- Carluccio's 'undercover boss' Kossoff joins Peach 2020 conference line-up
- New openings: Pho, FED, Cote, New Moon, Five Guys, Brgr.co, Be At One, Geronimo, Bill’s and more
- Nando's and Wetherspoon's lead Peach Hero Awards shortlists
- Rowland and Horler to be guest chairs at CGA Peach 2020 conference
- Shortlists revealed for the 2014 CGA Peach Hero Awards
- New openings: Handmade Burger Co, Hache, Burger & Lobster, Prezzo, Las Iguanas, Bubba Gump, BrewDog, Young’s and more
- New openings: Burger & Lobster, Rosa's, Taco Bell, Bone Daddies, Jamie's, Ed's, Dirty Martini
- New openings: Coal, Las Iguanas, CAU, Rhubarb, Le Bun, Giggling Squid, Suchef, Nando’s, Tap, Caravan and more