New openings: Denmark’s Noma to hit London; seven up for Pho
25 April, 2012
Noma, the Copenhagen restaurant that frequently appears at the top of the world’s best restaurant lists, is to set up a temporary home in London for this summer’s Olympic Games. Meanwhile, Pho has found its seventh London site.
Noma will operate from Claridge’s Hotel for ten days, from 28 July to 6 August. It will offer a five-course ‘Taste of Noma at Claridge’s’ menu for £195 per person—though the price tag is unlikely to stem what will no doubt be a flood of interest in the venue. The temporary restaurant coincides with a closure of the original Noma for refurbishment. The move continues the trend of big-name pop-up restaurants in the capital.
Vietnamese chain Pho will open its seventh restaurant after picking up a site in Spitalfields in east London. It will take over the former S&M Café there. It joins Pho branches in Clerkenwell, Soho, Oxford Circus and Westfield centres in east and west London as well as Brighton.
- New openings: Bunnychow, Ed’s Easy Diner, Luminar, Little Gems Country Dining, Restaurant Group, Five Guys, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), Foundation Inns, Chilango, St Austell Brewery, Fuller, Smith & Turner, Das Kino
- Metcalfe and Miers set for CGA Peach 2020
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW
- New openings: Red Lion, Bird and Beast, Marston's, Wetherspoon, Young’s, Ethos, Spiaggia, Eclectic, Alchemist
- Groups see like-for-like sales grow 2.2% in July
- New openings: Tortilla, Eclectic, John Lewis, Bill’s, San Carlo, Ego, Nando’s, Wahaca
- New openings: Five Guys, Café Rouge, Glendola, Cote, Wildwood, Loungers, Friday’s, Bill’s
- New openings: Ed's, CAU, Itsu, Friday's, Ramsden's, Banana Tree, Taco Bell, Bill's, Jamie's
- Cities driving eating and drinking-out growth