New openings: Denmark’s Noma to hit London; seven up for Pho
25 April, 2012
Noma, the Copenhagen restaurant that frequently appears at the top of the world’s best restaurant lists, is to set up a temporary home in London for this summer’s Olympic Games. Meanwhile, Pho has found its seventh London site.
Noma will operate from Claridge’s Hotel for ten days, from 28 July to 6 August. It will offer a five-course ‘Taste of Noma at Claridge’s’ menu for £195 per person—though the price tag is unlikely to stem what will no doubt be a flood of interest in the venue. The temporary restaurant coincides with a closure of the original Noma for refurbishment. The move continues the trend of big-name pop-up restaurants in the capital.
Vietnamese chain Pho will open its seventh restaurant after picking up a site in Spitalfields in east London. It will take over the former S&M Café there. It joins Pho branches in Clerkenwell, Soho, Oxford Circus and Westfield centres in east and west London as well as Brighton.
- New openings: Red’s, Jamie Oliver, Bill’s, CAU, Young's, Wagamama, Greene King, Pizza Express, TRG, Turtle Bay
- World Cup helps pub drink sales - but not eating-out
- New openings: Greene King, Marston’s, Brunning & Price, All Bar One, Be At One, Wetherspoon, Tortilla, Iberica
- Big brands get local welcome
- New openings: Flat Iron, Drake & Morgan, Wasabi, Red’s, Nando’s, Paul, Pizza Express
- Better bottle that passion now
- New openings: Jamie’s, Pizza Pilgrims, Vapiano, BrewDog, Living Ventures, Revolution, M&C, Handmade
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW
- New openings: Red Hot, Cabana, YO!, Pho, La Tasca, BrewDog, Carluccios, Abokado