New openings: Denmark’s Noma to hit London; seven up for Pho
25 April, 2012
Noma, the Copenhagen restaurant that frequently appears at the top of the world’s best restaurant lists, is to set up a temporary home in London for this summer’s Olympic Games. Meanwhile, Pho has found its seventh London site.
Noma will operate from Claridge’s Hotel for ten days, from 28 July to 6 August. It will offer a five-course ‘Taste of Noma at Claridge’s’ menu for £195 per person—though the price tag is unlikely to stem what will no doubt be a flood of interest in the venue. The temporary restaurant coincides with a closure of the original Noma for refurbishment. The move continues the trend of big-name pop-up restaurants in the capital.
Vietnamese chain Pho will open its seventh restaurant after picking up a site in Spitalfields in east London. It will take over the former S&M Café there. It joins Pho branches in Clerkenwell, Soho, Oxford Circus and Westfield centres in east and west London as well as Brighton.
- Pub and restaurant groups enjoy March sales surge
- Jim Sullivan Masterclass 2014 – only 20 places left!
- CGA Peach 2020 Conference 2014 - save the date
- New openings: All Bar One, Nando’s, Patisserie Valerie, Turtle Bay, Goodman, Benito’s Hat, Pho
- New openings: Coffee Dogs, Cabana, Byron, Giraffe, Brasserie Blanc, Patisserie Valerie, Pitcher & Piano
- New openings: Tossed, Le Comptoir, Barburrito, Handmade, Oakman, Slug, Turtle Bay, Loungers
- Future of Finance & Development seminar date
- New openings: Cabana, Tossed, Carclucio's, Ramsden’s, Five Guys, YO!, Patty & Bun, Corney & Barrow.
- Highly social and mobile - CGA Peach Conference