Spirit sees like-for-like sales ahead 5.6%
18 April, 2012
Spirit Pub Co saw like-for-like sales in its managed pubs increase by 5.6% in the 28 weeks to 3 March, it reported this morning. It also announced its first dividend as a listed company.
Chief executive Mike Tye said managed pubs continued to out perform the market, judged against the Coffer Peach Business Tracker. Spirit continued to make good progress in transforming and revitalising the business, he said, after major invesments in its leading brands such as Chef & Brewer, Fayre & Square and Flaming Grill.
"We have delivered further strong growth in managed sales and margins through continued investment in our brands, our estate and our people supported by strong cost control. The leased business has performed in line with our expectations and we have built a strong management team to drive performance improvement.
"Today we have also announced our first dividend payment as a listed company [of 0.65p per share] and, while we are mindful of the ongoing economic uncertainty and consumer pressures, we remain on track to deliver our full year expectations,” Tye added.
Group EBITDA increased 3% to £70m, over the period, profit before tax was up 7% to £20m and earnings per share grew 12% to 2.2p.
Managed pub EBITDA was up 10% at £49m. Residual leased pubs saw like for like net income down 4.5% delivering EBITDA of £21m.
Full details at www.spiritpubcompany.com
- Tim Martin and Andy Bassadone become CGA Peach Icons
- Julian Metcalfe: ‘I learned the hard way’—CGA Peach 2020
- CGA Peach salutes industry Heroes
- Sustainable Restaurant Association gets CGA Peach Special Award
- Property taxing growing brands—CGA Peach 2020
- Entrepreneurs the lifeblood—CGA Peach 2020
- ‘Complacency is our biggest enemy’—CGA Peach 2020
- Tech transforms, but people are paramount—CGA Peach 2020
- New openings: Leon, Turtle Bay, Jimmy’s, BrewDog, The Stable, Tortilla, CAU, Wahaca, Corn Exchange