Prezzo sees annual sales climb 18%
4 April, 2012
The Prezzo restaurant group opened 27 new restaurants last year pushing total sales up 18% to £124m, the company reported today. Figures for the 52 weeks to 1 January, 2012, showed pre-tax profit climbing 14% to £16m.
The group, headed by Jonathan Kaye (pictured), currently has 189 restaurants trading, having added another five since the start of this year, including a new site at the refurbished Kings Cross station.
Openings last year included city centre locations in Edinburgh, Manchester, Canterbury and York, while the group also increased its presence within suburban London with openings in Belsize Park, Mill Hill and Eltham. It also opened in regional towns such as Bishop's Stortford and Rugby.
Overall, the company expects another 20 sites to be opened this year. New restaurants are planned for Bath, Bristol and Cobham, and as well as growing its main Prezzo Italian restaurant brand, the group intends expanding its Chimichanga Tex-Mex concept, after adding two more units in 2011. Planned openings in 2012 will take it up to of 20 branches.
For full results statement go to: www.prezzorestaurants.co.uk
- Weather helps boost September like-for-likes 2.2%
- Carluccio's 'undercover boss' Kossoff joins Peach 2020 conference line-up
- New openings: Pho, FED, Cote, New Moon, Five Guys, Brgr.co, Be At One, Geronimo, Bill’s and more
- Nando's and Wetherspoon's lead Peach Hero Awards shortlists
- Rowland and Horler to be guest chairs at CGA Peach 2020 conference
- Shortlists revealed for the 2014 CGA Peach Hero Awards
- New openings: Handmade Burger Co, Hache, Burger & Lobster, Prezzo, Las Iguanas, Bubba Gump, BrewDog, Young’s and more
- New openings: Burger & Lobster, Rosa's, Taco Bell, Bone Daddies, Jamie's, Ed's, Dirty Martini
- New openings: Coal, Las Iguanas, CAU, Rhubarb, Le Bun, Giggling Squid, Suchef, Nando’s, Tap, Caravan and more