Prezzo sees annual sales climb 18%
4 April, 2012
The Prezzo restaurant group opened 27 new restaurants last year pushing total sales up 18% to £124m, the company reported today. Figures for the 52 weeks to 1 January, 2012, showed pre-tax profit climbing 14% to £16m.
The group, headed by Jonathan Kaye (pictured), currently has 189 restaurants trading, having added another five since the start of this year, including a new site at the refurbished Kings Cross station.
Openings last year included city centre locations in Edinburgh, Manchester, Canterbury and York, while the group also increased its presence within suburban London with openings in Belsize Park, Mill Hill and Eltham. It also opened in regional towns such as Bishop's Stortford and Rugby.
Overall, the company expects another 20 sites to be opened this year. New restaurants are planned for Bath, Bristol and Cobham, and as well as growing its main Prezzo Italian restaurant brand, the group intends expanding its Chimichanga Tex-Mex concept, after adding two more units in 2011. Planned openings in 2012 will take it up to of 20 branches.
For full results statement go to: www.prezzorestaurants.co.uk
- New openings: Honest Burgers, Las Iguanas, Nando’s, Botanist, Cote, Stable, BrewDog
- CGA Peach 2020 Conference 2014 - save the date
- New openings: Red’s, Jamie Oliver, Bill’s, CAU, Young's, Wagamama, Greene King, Pizza Express, TRG, Turtle Bay
- World Cup helps pub drink sales - but not eating-out
- New openings: Greene King, Marston’s, Brunning & Price, All Bar One, Be At One, Wetherspoon, Tortilla, Iberica
- Big brands get local welcome
- New openings: Flat Iron, Drake & Morgan, Wasabi, Red’s, Nando’s, Paul, Pizza Express
- Better bottle that passion now
- New openings: Jamie’s, Pizza Pilgrims, Vapiano, BrewDog, Living Ventures, Revolution, M&C, Handmade