New openings: More for Canteen, Le Pain and Jimmy’s
28 March, 2012
Growing chain Canteen is to open a new site on the ground floor of the Lyceum theatre on Wellington Street in Covent Garden. It joins brands including Le Pain Quotidien, Jimmy's World Grill and Marston's on the expansion trail this week.
The new Canteen is expected to launch in May, and will join branches at Canary Wharf, Baker Street, Spitalfields and the Royal Festival Hall.
Café cum bakery chain Le Pain Quotidien wants to open four more sites in London this year. It would take its estate to 24.
All-you-can-eat buffet concept Jimmy’s World Grill has opened up its fourth venue in Peterborough. The chain wants to open up to 10 new restaurants this year.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- New openings: Coal, Las Iguanas, CAU, Rhubarb, Le Bun, Giggling Squid, Suchef, Nando’s, Tap, Caravan and more
- Colder August fails to chill eating and drinking-out growth
- New openings: Le Bistrot Pierre, Porkys, River Cottage, Wagamama, Missoula, Turtle Bay, Loungers, Jamies and more
- Further growth prompts restructure at CGA
- McHattie moves on from ALMR top job, Nicholls new CEO
- New openings: Sports Bar & Grill, Wahaca, Las Iguanas, Nandos, Alchemist, Bills, Tortilla, Five Guys
- Linking guest and staff feedback a major opportunity for operators
- New openings: Bunnychow, Ed’s Easy Diner, Luminar, Little Gems Country Dining, Restaurant Group, Five Guys, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), Foundation Inns, Chilango, St Austell Brewery, Fuller, Smith & Turner, Das Kino
- Metcalfe and Miers set for CGA Peach 2020