New openings: SSP on track with pubs
6 March, 2012
Travel operator SSP is opening a new modern pub concept called The Merchant at Liverpool Street station, London. It follows the launch of its Beer House concept at Charing Cross. There's also openings news this week from YO! Sushi, Itsu and Draft House.
The pub will open in the next few weeks, with the emphasis on craft beers and traditional pub food. The Merchant is a follow-on development from SSP’s new ‘Beer House’ craft-beer focused concept, which has sites at Charing Cross and another planned for Paddington.
Meanwhile, YO! Sushi is preparing for two new openings at the end of March, in London’s Camden Town and in Plymouth’s Drake Circus Shopping Centre.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- Colder August fails to chill eating and drinking-out growth
- New openings: Le Bistrot Pierre, Porkys, River Cottage, Wagamama, Missoula, Turtle Bay, Loungers, Jamies and more
- Further growth prompts restructure at CGA
- McHattie moves on from ALMR top job, Nicholls new CEO
- New openings: Sports Bar & Grill, Wahaca, Las Iguanas, Nandos, Alchemist, Bills, Tortilla, Five Guys
- Linking guest and staff feedback a major opportunity for operators
- New openings: Bunnychow, Ed’s Easy Diner, Luminar, Little Gems Country Dining, Restaurant Group, Five Guys, Mitchells & Butlers (M&B), Foundation Inns, Chilango, St Austell Brewery, Fuller, Smith & Turner, Das Kino
- Metcalfe and Miers set for CGA Peach 2020
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW