New openings: SSP on track with pubs
6 March, 2012
Travel operator SSP is opening a new modern pub concept called The Merchant at Liverpool Street station, London. It follows the launch of its Beer House concept at Charing Cross. There's also openings news this week from YO! Sushi, Itsu and Draft House.
The pub will open in the next few weeks, with the emphasis on craft beers and traditional pub food. The Merchant is a follow-on development from SSP’s new ‘Beer House’ craft-beer focused concept, which has sites at Charing Cross and another planned for Paddington.
Meanwhile, YO! Sushi is preparing for two new openings at the end of March, in London’s Camden Town and in Plymouth’s Drake Circus Shopping Centre.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- The new Peach Report magazine - OUT NOW
- New openings: Greene King Hungry for more, Jamie's slims down
- May sales uplift for pub and restaurant chains
- Fullers managed pubs see 7% like-for-like growth
- New openings: TRG spreads Coast to Coast; Cosmo goes north, Peach south
- Fowle and Watson line up for Future of Finance panel
- Bramwell picks Wild Lime for high street pubs
- New openings: Pink Shed pop-up, Debenhams, Tea Monkey, Farm House
- M&B growing sales and profit in a 'tough market'