New openings: The Big Easy for Covent Garden?
22 February, 2012
Acclaimed south west London American-style barbeque and crab specialist The Big Easy is rumoured to be opening up on Maiden Lane in Covent Garden. Other operators with opening plans this week include Carluccio's and Wahaca.
Reports suggest The Big Easy will replace a branch of The Mongolian Barbeque on Maiden Lane, on a site which it already owns.
Carluccio's is to open in Pinner, succeeding a branch of Brasserie Gerard on the town’s high street. It hopes to open in the spring.
Mexican chain Wahaca has acquired a site on Charlotte Street from MARC Restaurants. The restaurant, the chain’s seventh, will open later this year. MARC will use the premium from the deal to open in Mayfair.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- Richards to leave Novus
- The new Peach Report magazine - OUT NOW
- New openings: Greene King Hungry for more, Jamie's slims down
- May sales uplift for pub and restaurant chains
- Fullers managed pubs see 7% like-for-like growth
- New openings: TRG spreads Coast to Coast; Cosmo goes north, Peach south
- Fowle and Watson line up for Future of Finance panel
- Bramwell picks Wild Lime for high street pubs
- New openings: Pink Shed pop-up, Debenhams, Tea Monkey, Farm House