New openings: High five for Hummingbird, fourth for Chipotle
11 January, 2012
Acclaimed US-style bakery concept The Hummingbird Bakery is to open a fifth site in the Angel Building on St John Street in Islington, while Chipotle, the American burrito chain, has secured its fourth London site.
The new Hummingbird bakery will open on Friday 27th January and will mark the occasion by giving away free cupcakes to its first thousand visitors. It is the second new opening in a year for the concept, which will soon announce plans for international expansion.
US-based Mexican concept Chipotle has taken a fourth lease in the capital with a deal for a ground floor and basement spot on St Martin’s Lane. The deal was brokered by Shelley Sandzer and comes hot on the heels of news of Chipotle’s third London site, in Soho.
There's also new openings from Geronimo, Wetherspoons, La Tasca and Jamie's.
To read the full report and details of other new openings news, log in or subscribe, and click through to New openings.
- Formality thrown out the window
- The need for speed
- Weather helps boost September like-for-likes 2.2%
- New Peach Report magazine OUT NOW
- New openings: Wahaca, Café Pistou, Gusto, Ego, GBK, Five Guys, Friday’s, Rosa’s, Rib Shack and more
- Carluccio's 'undercover boss' Kossoff joins Peach 2020 conference line-up
- Cities driving eating and drinking-out growth
- Linking guest and staff feedback a major opportunity for operators
- New openings: Pho, FED, Cote, New Moon, Five Guys, Brgr.co, Be At One, Geronimo, Bill’s and more