Jamie's Italian and TGI Friday's Forrester head Peach Hero Award winners
18 November, 2011
TGI Friday's boss Karen Forrester and the Jamie's Italian chain picked up the two Leadership Awards at this year's Peach Hero Awards in London. Other trophy winners were Red Hot World Buffet, Zizzi, Harvester, Byron, Wetherspoons and PizzaExpress.
Friday's managing director Forrester won he Leadership Award for breathing new life and vigour into both the brand and the team at TGI Fridays, while Jamie Italian took the comapnay award for continuing to be the market's trailbazer. Chairman John Jackson collected the trophy.
The Newcomer award went to Red Hot World Buffet for proving there’s not only life but a thriving eating-out market outside London if you have the right product.
The Breakthrough Brand trophy was picked up by Byron for bringing simplicity, style and freshness to the burger market, and creating a loyal and growing fan base into the bargain.
The Evolutionary Brand award, for those that have excelled in adapting their operations for changing times, went Harvester for shedding its suburban pub image through its presence on TV, on retail parks and in shopping centres.
The newly created Technology Innovation trophy was awarded to PizzaExpress its iPhone app and contactless payment breakthrough, whil JD Wethgerspoon picked up the People Development trophy for pioneering the development apprenticeships and graduate level training with Leeds Met University.
Finally, the Consumer Choice award, determined by satisaction ratings of customers researched in the Peach BrandTrack survey, went to Zizzi.
Thje awards were run by Peach Factory in conjunction with Coca-Cola, RBS, Livebookings, Torex, Ecolab, Enotria and Coffer Corporate Leisure.
- Jim Sullivan - back in London next May
- New openings: Bill’s, Young’s, Wetherspoon, Giraffe, Walkabout, Cosmo, Fuller’s, Leon
- Bacon and Forrester take Icon accolades at Peach Awards
- Luke Johnson wins Peach Special Award
- Respect the people - Peach 2020
- New openings: Sticks n Sushi, Slug & Lettuce, Brunning & Price, Rex, Nando’s, Wagamama
- Trust me, I'm a brand
- Help the Philippines via Action Against Hunger
- New openings: Wagamama, YO! Sushi, Be At One, Burger & Lobster, Tom's Kitchen