Prezzo sales climb 26%
7 September, 2011
Prezzo, the Italian restaurant chain, saw sales increase by 26% in the six months to 3 July to £59.6m. Pre-tax profit was up by 17% at £7.3m.
The chain, headed by chief executive Jonathan Kaye, did not disclose lik-for-like figures, but Douglas Jack, analyst at Numis, said he estimated that average sales were up over 5%, largely due to easy comparatives in January, the opening of larger sites and refurbishments.
"Nothing has been said of pricing and promotional strategy, but that will be questioned at this morning’s presentation," Jack added.
Prezzo opened seven sites in the period and is on track to add 20 new restaurants over the year - a marked increase on the two new sites in 2009. It is currently trading from 168 sites.
- Jim Sullivan - back in London next May
- New openings: Bill’s, Young’s, Wetherspoon, Giraffe, Walkabout, Cosmo, Fuller’s, Leon
- Bacon and Forrester take Icon accolades at Peach Awards
- Luke Johnson wins Peach Special Award
- Respect the people - Peach 2020
- New openings: Sticks n Sushi, Slug & Lettuce, Brunning & Price, Rex, Nando’s, Wagamama
- Trust me, I'm a brand
- Help the Philippines via Action Against Hunger
- New openings: Wagamama, YO! Sushi, Be At One, Burger & Lobster, Tom's Kitchen