PizzaExpress has overnight revamp
6 September, 2011
PizzaExpress has introduced a new menu and new look across its estate as of today. It closed restaurants early at 8.30 last night to implement the changes.
The nationwide pizza chain announced the changes on its website and through social media. The website itself reflects the new design treatment - see www.pizzaexpress.com.
"To celebrate the art of pizza making, our new look is all about the stripes. Black and white ones, inspired by the stripes on the t-shirts of our fabulous pizzaiolos," says the company. "Watch out for them, they'll crop up in the most unexpected places across all our restaurants," it promises.
Along with a new look for menus and tableware, the chain has also added new menu items, including a Salsiccia Speziata, with spicy Calabrese sausage, and Pommodoro Pesto pizzas, a Pollo Pancetta Salad, classic Italian Antipasto and a Chocolate Cake Dolcetti
There is also a Da Morire pizza with Gorgonzola, crispy pancetta, caramelised leeks, artichoke, rosemary and chilli oil, which was created by customer Simon Pritchard, who beat over 60,000 entries to win its 'Create Your Pizza' competition.
PizzaExpress has also used YouTube to promote the changes, go to www.youtube.com/user/PizzaExpressTube
- Marston's continues with new builds as like-for-likes rise 6%
- New openings: Jamie opens diner, Shake Shack sets date
- Restaurant Group plans 30 plus new sites, as like-for-likes grow 4.5%
- Sales recover in April after big freeze, with London to fore
- Bacon and Neill line up for Future of Finance debate
- Auction Against Hunger raises £100,000
- New openings: More for D&M, TGIF, Harvester, Ed's
- Clive Watson signs up for Future of Finance panel
- Wetherspoon sees like-for-likes rise 6.3%