Corbin and King head opening plans
27 April, 2010
A 125-seat all-day restaurant will be part of a new boutique Mayfair hotel planned by Wolseley owners Chris Corbin and Jeremy King - while Richoux, Ukai and JDW are also on the openings trail.
Restaurant legends Corbin and King won last year's Peach Industry Icon award. Pending planning permission, the as yet unnamed hotel will open in an art deco building on Balderton Street.
Restaurant group Richoux will open a family-friendly American-style burger diner in Chatham, Kent this summer. Frankie’s Easy Diner joins Richoux’s pasta and pizza outlet Zippers in the town.
Sushi chain Ukai has taken on its fourth London outlet on Poland Street in Soho. It succeeds the Polka Polish restaurant.
J D Wetherspoon will open its outlets from 7am from this Wednesday (28 April). It is marking the expansion of its hours with money-off deals on its breakfast menu. www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk
- New openings: Benugo, Benito’s Hat, Franco Manca, Cleaver, BrewDog, Ed’s
- John Lewis brings in café brands
- Tragus hits T2 with La Salle
- New openings: Bill’s, Young’s, Wetherspoon, Giraffe, Walkabout, Fuller’s, Leon
- Big Easy to double up in London
- New openings: Sticks n Sushi, Slug & Lettuce, Brunning & Price, Rex, Nando’s, Wagamama
- Liverpool’s ‘Brewery Village’ gets the nod
- Street Feast hawks new concept
- New openings: Wagamama, YO! Sushi, Be At One, Nando’s, Burger & Lobster