Denny’s ties the knot on Vegas wedding concept
15 August, 2012
US-based diner mega-chain Denny’s is to launch one of the most interesting brand extensions of recent years—an in-house wedding chapel at its new Las Vegas restaurant.
The new flagship diner will open in downtown Vegas’ Neonopolis shopping centre by the end of the year. It will span 6,400 square feet and offer a range of wedding packages, including own-brand wedding cakes and photo booths, plus a full-size bar.
Chief marketing officer Frances Allen told local newspaper the Las Vegas Sun: “It’s unique. It’s different. It’s going to be an icon within Vegas. People are going to want to travel to see this Denny’s. The wedding scene is such a part of Vegas, and who doesn’t want a wedding cake made out of pancakes.”
Denny’s, which has close to 1,700 sites across the US, has prided itself on its 24/7 operations, and says Las Vegas’ round-the-clock activity makes it an ideal venue for the new concept. “People are out 24/7 and we’re a 24/7 restaurant. It’s a perfect fit,” Allen told the Sun. “What we want to do is emphasise that the diner is the original social network.”
- New openings: Benugo, Benito’s Hat, Franco Manca, Cleaver, BrewDog, Ed’s
- John Lewis brings in café brands
- Tragus hits T2 with La Salle
- New openings: Bill’s, Young’s, Wetherspoon, Giraffe, Walkabout, Fuller’s, Leon
- Big Easy to double up in London
- New openings: Sticks n Sushi, Slug & Lettuce, Brunning & Price, Rex, Nando’s, Wagamama
- Liverpool’s ‘Brewery Village’ gets the nod
- Street Feast hawks new concept
- New openings: Wagamama, YO! Sushi, Be At One, Nando’s, Burger & Lobster