New openings: More for Canteen, Wagamama, Champagne + Fromage
20 June, 2012
Canteen has opened its fifth restaurant in London’s Covent Garden. Wagamama unveils its biggest site yet and the Champagne + Fromage pop-up gets a permanent home.
The new Canteen is in the Lyceum Theatre on Wellington Street. The interior has been designed by the Very Good and Proper agency.
Wagamama will open its biggest UK restaurant yet in Leamington Spa on Saturday (23 June). The 153-cover site on Parade Royal will feature Wagamama’s new sushi menu.
Pop-up bar Champagne + Fromage has set up permanent home on Wellington Street in Covent Garden. The concept (pictured), which has been launched by champagne supplier French Bubbles, will combine a 30-cover bistro, fromagerie and shop. It will also offer a range of business services and tastings. It is open from 11am to 11pm every day except Mondays (8pm on Sundays).
One of London’s biggest leisure openings of the year, the Hippodrome Casino on Leicester Square, will be unveiled on 12 July. The three-floor venue features five bars and four restaurants, including the flagship Heliot.
- Living Ventures ready for Manchester restaurant battle on BBC2
- Bumpkin turns four in Chelsea
- Brown gets top Dollar site
- New openings: Jamie opens diner, Shake Shack sets date
- Bacon hatches Whyte & Brown
- Living Ventures readies Artisan
- Vapiano to invest £2.5m on third London site in Soho
- New openings: More for D&M, TGIF, Ed's, Harvester
- Orchid goes All Inn