New openings: Carluccio’s, Corney & Barrow pull into Waterloo
13 June, 2012
Carluccio’s and Corney & Barrow are to open at London Waterloo as part of a £10m revamp creating 20,000 square feet of new space. Other openings news comes from Brunning & Price, Chop'd, D&D and Lucky Chip.
Both the Carluccio's and Corney & Barrow sites will open in July. The new Corney & Barrow will be called C&B Cabin and is its first venture into transport hubs. It hopes to add a couple of new openings a year in similar locations for the new format.
The Restaurant Group will open a new Brunning and Price pub in Manchester on 3 July. The Wharf will be situated on Castlefield in the city.
The Hakkasan group is to open two new restaurants in the City this autumn. Japanese concept Chrysan will open on Broadgate West in September, while Chinese restaurant HKK will follow next door a month later.
London healthy eating chain Chop’d has opened a pop-up al fresco bar at its site on Boxpark Shoreditch. The site is open from 2.30pm each day and is selling Pimms, beer and wine, and has a big screen for watching games from the Euro 2012 football championships. Chop’d took a unit on Boxpark when it launched late last year.
The D&D London group is to launch its first hotel—the 80-bed South Place Hotel between Moorgate and Liverpool Street. It will open in September, though the restaurant element may be launched sooner.
Lucky Chip, the acclaimed London burger concept, will open a Slider Bar on Broadwick Street in Soho over the next few weeks. The Lucky Chip team have been in residence at the Sebright Arms on Coate Street recently, and will sell cocktails as well as burgers at the new venue.
- Living Ventures sets sail for Grand Pacific
- New openings: Greene King Hungry for more, Jamie's slims down
- NRN picks top US Hot Concepts
- Rhubarb aims high at 20 Fenchurch Street
- New openings: TRG spreads Coast to Coast; Cosmo goes north, Peach south
- Caring to launch Grillshack
- Wetherspoon defends motorway pub
- Bramwell picks Wild Lime for high street pubs
- New openings: Pink Shed pop-up, Debenhams, Tea Monkey, Farm House