Caffè Nero continues global expansion
28 May, 2013
Caffè Nero has opened its first coffee shop on Cyprus. The group, with over 500 stores in the UK and around 70 internationally, has entered a partnership with PHC, the leading food and beverage operator on the island.
The franchise agreement with PHC, which operates brands such as Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays, Wagamamas, KFC and Taco Bell in Cyprus, Serbia and Greece, will create a fourth international territory for Caffè Nero, alongside Turkey, the Middle East and Poland. The partnership has a planned rollout of between 15-20 stores over the next five years.
The first Caffè Nero in Cyprus opened on Makenzy beach in Larnaca on the 18 May.
Caffè Nero Founder and CEO Gerry Ford said: "Cyprus presents a fantastic opportunity to work with an established company in an exciting territory and enables us to grow our brand further internationally. We want to create a whole new style of coffee house in Cyprus and this partnership is a step towards achieving that.”
- Pat Val picks up Philpotts
- Like for likes up at Sheps managed estate
- Sales rev-up at Welcome Break brands
- New name for Inventive
- Whitbread sees restaurant sales pick-up, as Costa storms on
- Domino’s starts 2014 with 14.6% LFL sales jump
- Frankie & Benny’s to drive TRG on, while Garfunkels makes a comeback