Hawksmoor lifts sales, readies fourth
25 June, 2012
The company behind acclaimed steakhouse group Hawksmoor has reported a near tripling of sales in 2011, in line with the surging popularity of the concept.
Sales at the Underdog company in the year to end-2011 rocketed to £10.6m, up from £3.7m the previous year. Pre-tax profit rose exponentially, from £146,000 to £1.2m.
Hawksmoor now has three London restaurants, in Covent Garden, Guildhall and Spitalfields, and has been repeatedly singled out as among the names to watch in the UK. Earlier this year it was named among the best small companies in the UK to work for.
* Hawksmoor has just signed to open its fourth London restaurant, on Regent Street. The 235-cover site will open in October.
- Marston's in £70m sale and leaseback deal on new-build pubs
- Walkabout set for growth after ownership change
- Tossed secures £1.5m from Santander
- Atmosphere slips into administration
- Pre-pack takes Botanic Inns back to management
- Weather chills Enterprise’s first half
- Vincent and Blum to take good food global