TGI Fridays toasts strong 2012
13 June, 2012
TGI Friday’s has reported a strong start to 2012 with like for like sales up by nearly 8%. The stellar opening to the year follows a series of initiatives to reinvigorate the TGI Friday’s brand in the UK.
Chief executive Karen Forrester told Propel Info’s Morning Briefing that the chain’s Bluewater site was taking around £162,000 a week, and that the poor weather over the last few weeks was helping its sales. “We’re having a fantastic year.”
TGIF will open at least seven sites in the second half of the year, including restaurants in Wembley and Manchester next month and Halifax in August.
- Marston's in £70m sale and leaseback deal on new-build pubs
- Walkabout set for growth after ownership change
- Tossed secures £1.5m from Santander
- Atmosphere slips into administration
- Pre-pack takes Botanic Inns back to management
- Weather chills Enterprise’s first half
- Vincent and Blum to take good food global